It's Fasting Month. Happy Ramadhan Mubarak.....
Today is 7th day we do fasting period. Hope my lil' family can do it until Idul Fitri. After working time, i must prepare some food for our breaking fast. Go to the Afternoon big market in order to get fresh vegetable, fresh tofu and tempeh and fresh fish. I cooking in the afernoon and it must not to be a specially food, just a simple food like usual but can make my family feel fresh after fasting a half day.
My husband really like spinach and fresh corn, so i made fried corn fricadel and gravy spinach a.k.a Bobor Bayam for him. So Yummy Tummy!!!!!
and it's friends are rice, fried tempeh, tuna fish, papaya and pineapple.
Beside that, i made some appetizer that commonly made in Indonesia and it's Kolak Pisang ^.^ Are you ever made it? It's so delicious if our eat it after do fasting LOL. This is the recipe if you want to made it for your familly and i called it....................................................................
Kolak Pisang ala Oen
- 1 pieces Screwpine leaf (pandan leaf)
- 350 gram Sugar (if you want more sweet, you can add it)
- 150 gram Toddy Palm Fruit (Kolang-Kaling)
- 5 pieces Sweet jackfruit
- 15 pieces Sweet bananas
- 3 liters Coconut milk (milk squeezed from coconut)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Cut half each kolang-kaling if desire, if not, leave it as its natural round, put into the boiling pan as well (without the water) and boiled it until well done then drained it.
2. Tie knot the screwpine leaf and add it into coconut milk in the other pan then boiled it with small fire stove.
3. Peel the banana skin, make small cuts and place in the boilin.
4. Then add sugar, salt and tender drained kolang-kaling into the boiled coconut milk.
5. Bring to boil everything inside the pan until become tender, taste the it. And if its sweet enough for you, turn off the stove.
Selamat Mencoba ^.^